Sunday, June 29, 2008

I want a buffet style home party instead of a 9 course meal dinner

Why?

I went to a 9-course-meal dinner just now and it sucked to the max. No, I don't feel sulky nor do I feel sucky easily but the dinner was just pissed me off. Well, I will tell you why.

1. I don't know how to go to that restaurant

Nah, it's not an ulu restaurant which is located in the deep end of one of the kampung. It's the 'Dai Tong Restaurant' located at Jalan Ampang! Next to Ampang Park~!! Damn it.

Laugh la laugh la. Just laugh at me. I have always been a road idiot who is really blind in directions and this is one of the reason I don't like to drive. I always think that GPS system is invented for someone like me but too bad, it's too expensive I can't afford it. That's why I bought a map too but too bad, the map doesn't tell me where 'Dai Tong Restaurant' is.

I eventually went to that Dai Tong Restaurant at.. I forgotten what's that building. The one with the British Council which I got all my certificates endorsed. Well yea, there was a Dai Tong Restaurant there and when I went there I saw no reception centre and the waitress told me, 'Wedding Dinner izzit? shall be the Dai Tong near the Ampang Park.'

I should have gone straight instead of turning right into KLCC. I was damn stupid. It took me another half an hour to reach the destination instead of 5 minutes because of the traffic jam at Jalan Pinang. Well yea, I passed through Jalan Pinang from Jalan Ampang before I could reach the further Jalan Ampang. Damn stupid me.

You know I was very tulan and kept blaming my mom for not bringing the invitation card which the map should have been printed on it (I think so). And then she said I'm a KLite and suppose to be very familiar with KL ma. Then I objected by saying I'm very stingy one lor, I take public transport lor. And I don't go to Zouk at Jalan Ampang lor. Coz u guys are setting curfews also. Nola. I didn't say that.

Okay, so now's the comparison.
If it's a home party, probably my guests wouldn't have to go through traffic jam to attend my dinner. Unless I stay in the city center which probably would not happen because I prefer some peace.

2. I could hardly park my car
Everyone who has tumpang my car before know that I hate this. I would eventually get my head burnt if I couldn't find my way to a certain place and couldn't find a right parking is another thing which could drive me to the wall. Grrrrrrr.

Both of this happened to me at the same night. What a coincidence. You should look at my face okay. No one would bring this face to a wedding dinner where love is all around the place (according to the bride's brother).

Finally I have to waste RM5 to hand my car to a jockey which I thought only rich tai tais would do that. But I did that just now. Duress. Necessity. (eh what else we learned in criminal law as defense arr?) Make sense lar. 50 tables with 10 guests for each, approximately 500 attended guests, and if it's (max) 5 ppl per car means there would be 100 cars. I could only see less than 50 parkings. -.-

Okay, now's the comparison.
(you thought your house very big meh? Can accommodate so many cars meh?)
Nonono. I would talk about this later. At the third point.

3. Ng Yin Yin the bride. A lawyer. My mom's friend's daughter. That's the only thing I know about you.

What for you invite me??????????!!
Yea I know. It's 'Mr John Chung and family' written on the card but... I feel really bored there. I am really someone who is not relevant to that dinner at all lor.

They even invited the mom's hairdresser and her family, which, she brought her sister, their mother and her sister's mother-in-law. The mother-in-law wouldn't even know who are getting married that night. There is really no point in inviting irrelevant person. The purpose of having a dinner is somehow to inform those who concern that yea, we are getting married. Hey, the mom' hairdresser's sister's mother-in-law wouldn't really concern if you are getting your best guy tonight. They are just here for the food.

I was there not even for the food. I was there for the so-called 'face'. Bei min lar. Give face lar. Well you guys know that.

Okay, now's the comparison.
If I were the bride, I would only invite my friends, my hubby's friends and those who know me well enough. Those whom I really wanna let them know that I'm getting married. Well if it's a home party I bet that the hairdresser's sister's mother-in-law wouldn't bother to attend too.

I know the point of having this dinner. To get blessed by my beloved. No. The hairdresser's sister's mother-in-law wouldn't wish me happily ever after yadda yadda.

So, when the amount of people is reduced, there would eventually be less cars. Less cars = there would be parking. Free parking. If I stay in a condominium in the future, there would be lots of guests parking. If it's a terraced unit, well, there wouldn't be sufficient parking so I wouldn't consider buying a terraced unit in the future. If I stay in a bungalow, needless to say lar. But anyway my ideal home is a condominium with lots of guests parking and which I can have a pool party for my wedding.

I prefer simple wedding style. Really. Don't need to be grand grand one lar. I told baybee just now and he said 'but people would think home buffet style is cheap and poor'. -.- let them think so then. Wedding will be just about us baybee, not about the others. So what if you have a royal style of dinner and get divorced months later. I couldn't see a point of it.

4. It's all about the time

Yea. It's written 7pm on the invitation card. What the fuck. How could those honorable guests show themselves at 8.30.m.?

Yea, the first dish was only served on 8.30p.m. which makes me so damn pissed off. I came at 7pm sharp despite the fact that I barely know the bride and I lost my way. And I waited for 1 hour and 30 minutes before I could really eat. Luckily I ate some Meehoon goreng before I went there. Otherwise I really would get mad and would stand up and started to shout 'WOOI! ASK US TO COME AT 7PM GAO LAN MEH?' nola. I won't. I was just very mad. Why people would never attend a function on time... Particularly Malaysian... sigh.

The other thing is that the dinner was like never ending. I am contracted with heavy flu and my head was really heavy and I wished to go home as fast as possible but I couldn't. I have to wait everything to end, which was at 10.41p.m. just now before I really could. No freedom at all. Duh.

Okay, now's the comparison.
As for a home buffet style dinner, I would only state: starts at 7pm or something like that. Come la whenever you want to. Leave la whenever you wish to. It really suits the guests' style lor. You know la Malaysian never get on time when it comes to attending any function.

In addition, as the guests come and go, there would be a flow in the parkings. And the problems of no sufficient parking is solved lar~ See. How nice is that.

5. Damn, I really hate to see those food wasted


It's a 9-course-meal dinner so it's really very normal that you would see the unfinished food be thrown away. Well I don't see them throw away the food with my own eyes but what could I expect them to do with the food after they put all those used plates over it?

I don't feel good whenever I saw them putting those plates on those food. I wished I could finish everything on the plate but I couldn't. It was damn wasted lar. Can't they just offer tapao(take away)? Well it sounds very unglam and cheap and auntie but hello, it's food~!! Something which you can put into the mouth~!!

You joined this famine 30, you donate money to this and that foundations, but you do not even practise the most common thing in the life. Do not waste food. I have been taught since I was young and I don't like people to leave anything on their plate (although I often don't say it out). That's why some of my friends say that I almost wanna lick the plate already because I finished everything on the plate. And that was why I was so fat last time, I lost weight after knowing Arthur and I would ask him to finish my unfinished meal. ^^ Well, guys always eat more than girls.

Okay, now's the comparison
No, you wouldn't have to eat this steamed fish if you don't like it. No aunties would say pick it up and put it on your plate and said 'eat it, eat it...' (my boyfriend's aunty was worse. she said, 'eat it, eat it... you wouldn't have much of these chances..' wtf) You don't have to force yourselves, really.

Of course I would hire a caterer and make the appropriate portion so that not much food are left. And I would come out with a menu with delicious food which would induce the guests to finish it. Something like spaghettis, mashed potatoes, mayo eggs, mini tarts, etc. etc. What. I like it ma. Maybe I would do a survey among my guests before preparing my menu.

Well of course, the guests can bring them home if it couldn't be finished (and if they don't mind too.) I remember I brought back lots of watermelons home in a home party which made me so happy because I got my constipation problem temporarily solved.

Even if~ my guests are those very rich type and ba bei type and not willing to bring the food home, nevermind. I would just store them in the fridge and take it as breakfast, brunch, lunch, teatime, dinner, supper on the next day and the day after the next day and goes on until the food is finished. That's why I should choose something of my fav while it comes to the menu.

6. I have to stick my butt on the chair all night long

Yea, no freedom at all. People who knows me know that I am the very active type. Hell, I was locked in boredom, looking at the aunties who sit next to me chatting with each other. I am good in socializing with aunties, maybe I wasn't just in the mood because I wanted to talk with the cute guy at the next table and I couldn't. because it was spoilt by the traffic jam, by the parking, by the food which I don't want to eat.

Okay, now's the comparison.
The guests have their freedom, of course. You may sit, you may stand, you may run, you may jump, yea, whatever you like.

If you see a cute guy over there, you may just go over and ask something like 'hey are you from the bride's side or the groom's...' yadda yadda. Back to that 9-course-meal-dinner restaurant, you are really interested on that guy and you then go on and ask the same question, I give you 50 bucks if no one on the guys' table look at you.

Now you see what I mean. The bride's brother said 'it's a place for old friends' gathering and a place to meet new friends' while he was giving his speech. -.- How could this be happen? Even if I saw a long lost friend over that table and I wanted to approach him or her, I couldn't catch up with him or her. You see if it's a home party, well, I definitely could! See this comparison.

7. I hate when no one is paying attention to the MCs and the performances

Chat chat chat chat chat only they know. Even when the MC said 'may I have your attention?' The guests were still continue chatting. It was a noisy night.

When the slideshow of the bride's and groom's moment was playing, those guests were not even watching it. Eat eat eat eat eat only they know. Well I did make the observation lor. They just didn't bother.

While the bride was blowing trombone and the groom was playing guitar, the guests still didn't pay any attention. Their combination was really perfect lor. It was the highlight of the night I assumed but sad, no one appreciated it. I would be very very very sad and disappointed if I were the bride. After so much of hard works, no one ever paid appreciation. T.T

Okay, now's the comparison
Lala, I don't have to prepare any programme. I don't have to hire a MC. I don't have to rent a hall. La la la la. Or.. perhaps I could make it a costume party?? Good idea. By then, my friends baybee's friends night would have to be separated with the elders' night. But still okay what. Elders communicated with elders. Youngsters communicated with youngsters. (Who knows I get married at my age of 42-.- so ho arr?)

Well, perhaps the highlights of the night is just cake cutting? Real cake. Which could be served. Not those fake layered type. No point also ish.

Yealar. I think that's it. As I have said, wedding, is just about the spouse. No one else. So what if people thinks that you are giamsiap? I don't care. Think. Think from the very beginning. Think for the point of a wedding, and you will know that it's not important at all.

Oh ya, btw, the reason I don't choose for not having dinner is because I still want my friends to wish me and bless me face by face. ^^

2 comments:

RealGunners said...

ahahahah me like this post.. so hitting it on the spot!

人见人爱的小西 said...

(*^__^*) 嘻嘻……